Tell Me

"Don’t tell me about the lovers that the universe fights for. The ones who are adored by fate and keep getting pushed together because they are soulmates. They are meant to be. I don’t want to hear about them.

Tell me about the people who the universe fights against. The ones who the stars look down on with disdain and fate sneers at. 
Tell me about the girl who knows the forces are against her but fights anyway for the one she loves. Tell me about the girl who doesn’t give a damn about destiny and refuses to give up.

Tell me about how she burns quietly for her love, silent in her battle but always holding on. 
Tell me about how for a few moments the universe pushes him back towards her and she can breathe again. Tell me about how her heart beats faster and her soul quiets when she hears his voice. Tell me about how she falls in love with her name whenever he says it. Tell me about how his scent and his arms become home to her. 
Tell me about the way she burns and burns and burns.

Tell me about how she lets her guard down and begins to believe that she won. That maybe the universe will let her have this. That the universe will let her have him.

Tell me about how she finally finds her happiness.

Then tell me about the way it was stolen from her.

Tell me about how the universe ripped him away from her and threw him into the arms of someone else.

Tell me about the way she broke. The way she shattered, her heart in pieces and stabbing her as she bled out from the inside.

Tell me about how she couldn’t breathe anymore. How she cried. How she screamed. 
Tell me about the sleepless nights and the darkness that consumed her.

Tell me about how she gave up hope. How she finally stopped fighting.

Tell me about her. About the girl who was broken by the universe. About the girl who lost.

Don’t tell me about soulmates and happily ever afters.

Tell me about a girl who is just like me. Tell me the stories of those who only know tragedy"

— Most-Exalted